Healthy Tips for the Holidays
If you are anything like us over here at DailyMusts, then Holiday season usually is followed by a New Years resolution to lose the weight we just gained between eating Halloween candy, too much pie on Thanksgiving and all the Holiday goodies in December. But we have good news...we have put together a list of ways you can enjoy your favorite holiday treats and stay healthy this holiday season.
Below is a simple list of tips to keep you out of too much trouble this holiday season.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Maintain your regular sleep habits. Even if you knap through Thanksgiving
2. Routines are everything. In case of overeating stay active and don’t ditch your workout or exercise.
3. Holiday fun and excitement can take us out of our daily routine. Set up a reminder system to take your medications.
4. Don't forget the Flu shot.
5. If possible don’t smoke and limit your alcohol consumption. (this can be the least fun of all the tips)
6. If you are not feeling well visit the doctor. We know it can take you away from your family but don't let a common cold or flu develop into something worse.
7. A common mistake is going to a party hungry. If you eat a healthy snack before you leave so, you won't be tempted to overeat.
8. Eat the foods you love, but don't overindulge.
9. The holiday season can be on the chilly side. Dress for the weather.
10. Don't run out of medication. If you are traveling, bring extra medication.
Have a happy, healthy and safe holiday season.